Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paper Piecing with Betsy Veldman

Hello, and happy Wednesday! Wow, where has the week gone? Last week Betsy Veldman had a great post on paper piecing and invited everyone to play along. I chose to paper piece part of the background of these two cards. I love the way it turned out...looks kind of like a quilt, right? The best part is that it was super easy....I just took my handy dandy 1" square punch and punched out a bunch of different patterned papers and lined them up how I wanted them to go and glued them to the card base. All that was left to do was add some fun embellies....like ribbon and buttons and twine and a bit of stitching and some cute sentiments. This was fun! Thank you Betsy!

2 comments:

Daniela F. said...

Beautiful cards! Love how different they look by changing only a few things. I *may* copy this idea - I have the hardest time using the darker sheets of my BG Offbeat pad and your design and pattern mix is just adorable :)

Betsy V said...

Hi Michelle! Your cards are so pretty! I love the look of the pieced backgrounds...the punch idea makes it so easy! Thanks for playing along!

Betsy